Sunday, June 18, 2006

I'm officially a spitter now

Well, I've officially crossed a "line" today. I can probably count on one hand how many times I've actually SPIT in my life. I'm such a girlie girl. I may wear a ball cap alot, and not wear dresses often, but I'm still a girlie girl. But today I had to spit while running. Several times in fact.

I drank a ton of water an hour before we headed to the track but still, this Texas heat even at 5:30pm just makes you feel gross. I told Edwin later and he just laughed. But I found myself having to spit every lap or so.

I made it 2 miles in 22.5 minutes. My first mile was 10:09. Not a bad time for me. But after three laps on my second mile I told him I can't go any more. He told me to walk 30 seconds, run 30, walk 30 etc. I was able to finish out the second mile, but much slower than the first
mile. Second mile was 12:18.

I really don't see how people can continuously run 26.2 miles! Marathoners have a new found respect from me. Well, I think they are crazy, but I still respect their stamina.

I wish I had another woman close by who could run with me. Edwin does his speedwork at the track, so we are at the same place at the same time, but not actually running together.

Good news is I've lost about 3 pounds in the past week. So that's encouraging!

Off on vacation tomorrow, headed to Padre Island for a whole week, so I'll get to run on the beach for the first time!

1 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

two down...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home