Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Gooooooaaaaaaallllllllll!!!!!

Too much soccer in the background I guess :) Anyways, tonight I reached my first goal. I ran one mile continuously. I know all you seasoned runners think "Big Deal". But it IS a big deal.

Pedro was hiding tonight so I couldn't run in the neighborhood. I got Edwin's watch instead, as it can keep track of Laps, and went to the track. Took me a while to figure out how to use the darn thing. I've got so much to learn about the technical gadgets of running.

I ran with his mp3 player on and it was easier than running with no music. When Nellie came on it was easier to run faster, though I had to try hard not to start dancing, as the track had about 15 people running/walking. It's tough when "Shake your tail feathers" comes on to keep running in a straight path.

First mile (did I mention I ran the whole thing??): 10:18

Second mile: 11:43

I'm doing pretty good making this a habit, but summer is slow in my business, only 3-5 sessions per week, I hope to make this a good strong habit by the time my fall/winter rush hits.

I forgot to post on Monday. I ran two miles that day too, but much slower. Mile one, 10:46. Mile two 11:54.

Next goal is to go out for 30 minutes - run/walk.

I need a female running buddy . . . . .

5 Comments:

At 9:13 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Running your first full mile is an awesome feeling -- I remember when I did it too! Congrats!

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger WalkSports.com said...

Congratulations Donna! I think the excitement that you have is the same when I found that I could do 4 without stopping to walk - and I have never done anything "by the book".

If you don't make it before, I'm hoping that you'll make your 5K debut on August 12th in The Woodlands!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I'll try :) My last (and only) 5k I only beat one person, an 80 year old woman . . . . LOL Edwin still teases me about that.

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

four...

 
At 9:11 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

way to go D!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home