Sunday, July 30, 2006

Another 5k Day

OK - this could start getting mundane to read. But I ran another 5k training distance tonight. I really need to run in the daylight. It's kinda scary running when you can't see your feet the whole way.

NOTE to new runners: When running in the dark (no streetlights around), when you see a cars headlights coming at you, lower your head and close your mouth. Otherwise, the bugs will flee from the light and try to land in your eyes, nose, mouth. And no matter what anyone says, THAT kind of protein is not good ;) I gagged on a few bugs tonight.

I feel like I'm getting some stamina built up though. I ran 1.85 miles non-stop tonight. And it's not terrible to go 3 miles. If you had told me 3 months ago that I would willingly go run 3 miles I would have laughed my butt off! But I really forgot how good exercise feels. Even if you are worn out and really stinky when it's over.

Here's the stats according to Pedro:
Mile 1 - 10:07
Mile 2 - 11:37
Mile 3 - 12:31
0.19 - 2:28

Total time: 36:44 I looked at my watch at 3.10 miles and time was 35:48. Splits were not impressive though. I'd like to get under 35 minutes before RTW HRB vs SHRC.

2 Comments:

At 8:36 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Keep up the great work, Donna. Look forward to meeting you at RTW.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

I'm pumped that you're doing the RTW!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home