Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Try and try again

OK gang, i'm not going to make my first 5k this weekend. I headed out again today for a try at a 5k distance. I got to the same spot as last time and my same leg cramped up in the same spot! Crazy. The cramp wasnt' as bad as the first one, but I knew I'd be sorry if I continued on and then couldn't make it back home. I was able to walk home at a comfortable pace. So 1.5 miles in around 17 minutes.

Oh well - I think I have alot to learn about hydration. I don't drink much water unless you count the water in a Sonic Route 44 tea. If you count that, then I have 44-88 ounces a day of water! I guess I'll start popping some salt tablets and potassium.

Thanks for asking Cassie :)

5 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sorry 'bout the chronic cramps. Hope more water will help.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Ah well, I'll miss you on Saturday. How about the HRB 5K on August 12?

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

More water should help...when its this hot, try to drink at least 40 oz per day in addition to the tea...it's not too bad. I should help the cramps. I would also recommend rolling the muscle...you can use a rolling pin. Lay down and relax the muscle and have edwin roll the rolling pin up and down, pushing down as mucha s you can take. It will help- promise!

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I pretty sure I'm doing the one in August.

Thanks for all the advice. I've never aspired to be a runner, now i'm mad at myself that my leg keeps giving up on me :)

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Tommy said...

Way to join the blog world Donna. Run on ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home