Monday, July 03, 2006

Sad Day

Well, we got some sad news today about Edwin's mom. I'll let him share that when he's ready. But I've been crying all day. I worked from home today as I didn't want to deal with any clients with tears on the brink all day.

I just have to say a big thank you to my wonderful photographer friends around the country. I 've had 4 people, very talented and wonderful photogs, email/call me to say if I needed them to cover anything from sessions to weddings to running my studio for me that they would fly in to help me out. How can you find better friends than that? These people live in Florida, Dallas, Utah etc and would drop what they are doing to fly to Angleton, Texas to help a friend in need. That just brought more tears.

And to know that so many people have dealt with family members and cancer and can empathize with you and prepare you for what comes next. What invaluable friendships those are. I've only met these great ladies once in person, we chat alot online and are on some forums together. One of them I've not even met yet IRL, yet she volunteered to help me out. I love you guys!

------------------

Edwin talked me into going out to eat since we didn't feel like cooking, not like we do much of that anyways. So after a Quesadilla Explosion salad at Chili's he encouraged me to run. I set out for 2.5 miles in 30 minutes. I missed it by 9 seconds. But still I did it! I walked alot. I think you have to wait more than one hour after eating, even a light meal, and DON"T drink half a bottle of water right before you go out. I'm learning the meaning of staying hydrated. Running is no fun when you feel the water sloshing around in your belly. Makes for pains in your side.

Here are the splits:
Mile 1 - 11:16 HR 164
Mile 2 - 12:45 HR 169
last .51 - 6:13 HR 174

Avg HR 168

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

hey girlie. I'm thinking about all of you. Hang in there and if you need anything call please....

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Donna said...

Thanks Cassie :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home