Sunday, July 09, 2006

First Injury

Man! I left out this morning at 9am to see if I could make it a 5k distance. I want to run the Lunar 5k next weekend but want to make sure I can GO that far. So Edwin told me which route to take that would be just a little over 5k. So I took off . . .

Let me preface this by saying - I went to Lufkin Wednesday evening, was there all day Thursday, so no running those days. Worked Friday, then had Date Night, no running that day. Saturday I had a wedding, so no running that day. By today I was starting to feel the soreness from the LAST run I had done. I guess if you run regularly you don't get that "Bad" sore feeling since you keep working it out.

Back to today . . . . I head out. Have Pedro, have music, feeling great. About 0.5 miles my left calf starts feeling like a cramp is coming on. So I walk a little bit. Then run a little more.

By 0.75 mile it feels like a Charlie Horse but it's not moving, just STUCK there. On the calf muscle. Sore to the touch, can't rub it out.

So I stop and try to stretch it out, flexing my toes against the curb. Feels good to stretch it. But put the foot back down and it cramps up again.

So I turn to head home, trying to jog a little. That doesn't work.

Have you ever put tape on a cat's paw? You know how when that paw touches the ground/floor the cat pulls that foot up and shakes it so as not to let it touch the ground? Yeah, that's how I looked walking home. It hurt to straighten it out.

Took 21 minutes to go 1.5 miles. Maybe I'll try later this week for a 5k.

After that I showered and went to church then spent the day with a girlfriend. THAT was way over-due. No Edwin, we didn't really have tickle fights. But we still had fun. Went and had pedicures & manicures, then walked and talked around the mall. She visited my studio for the first time and we just really had fun hanging out :) I'm hoping she'll start running with me ;)

Going to soak in a minute then beg Edwin to rub some Theragesic on my leg . . . we'll see how that goes.

4 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Hope to see you at the Lunar Rendezvous Run!

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Gotta love those mani & pedi's. Good luck on the Lunar 5K!

 
At 4:31 PM, Blogger Tiggs said...

are you still hurt?

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Donna said...

I think it's better - i'm heading out in about 10 minutes to try again. I'll let you know how it goes :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home