Monday, July 17, 2006

Wow! Guess What???

Edwin went to the track with me tonight - I didn't feel like going. I was tired. I couldn't sleep last night. I need to see my chiropractor/massage therapist because my shoulders and back are killing me right now (I carry my stress there) - so I couldn't get comfortable. I was awake from 2am-6am.

So this afternoon I was exhausted and just wanted to sleep. But he dragged me up to the track anyways. I want to see if I can run a 5k, but I haven't made it past 2.5 miles yet. And running 11-13 minute miles at that.

Well, our first mile tonight was .. . . . (drum roll please??) 9:34! I know I walked maybe half a minute at one point, I was just winded. Then he let me walk a lap, 300 meters. Then we finished another mile at 11:12. I didn't feel this lap was any slower than the first except I walked a few more times. I have zero sense of time when running though.

After that, we played "soccer" with the girls for a few minutes. Our 3 year old will make a pretty good player one day, she could do the run/kick very well, suprisingly well for such a little one . . . .

So I'm glad he made me go.

2 Comments:

At 8:30 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

sometimes you just need a push out the door...manny and i try to do that for each other as much as possible.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home