Thursday, August 17, 2006

Steady training

Well, i haven't blogged much because I feel like I'm doing the same thing over and over.

I ran 2 miles Monday, 2 miles Wednesday and 2 miles today. Time varies, I tell you I have no sense of time when running, it all feels the same. We (my neighbor Ana) might run 11 minute miles one day, sub eleven one day or like yesterday both miles were over 11:35! However I am running the whole two miles. She doesn't walk until she finishes 2 miles :) At least we change up the route every day. I think we've only ran the same route twice since we started running last week.

I missed Tuesday because it was Jenna's birthday and I had to take cupcakes to her school. I can't believe my baby is 4 years old already! I took her out today in her new boots for her birthday photo session, she's so cute if I do say so :) She came up with her own posing too, she likes to do that . . . So here she is, our 4 year old princess . . .

6 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

oh my goodness. You and Edwin did gooooood!!! She is a doll. Second cutest little girl I've ever seen. :)

Keep posting! Love to hear how you're running's going.

 
At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute! It's really something to see pictures of my 8-year old now when she was 4 and try to remember the time.

Four is such a great age (well they are all but I especially like 4!)

I should write something about your running to help encourage you. So.....good job! Keep running! Has Edwin talked to you about mixing up the type of runs you do - maybe some fartleks and so forth so you don't get bored?

Or are you bored with the writing about the runs, and not bored with the runs themselves?

 
At 6:59 AM, Blogger Donna said...

That's a tough one Barbara. I am running with a neighbor now and two miles is all. Granted, a month ago I couldn't RUN 2 miles and 3-4 months ago I would have laughed if you suggested it :)

So I know it's building endurance but I feel like it's boring for you to come see Oh Donna ran 2 miles today . . again . . and again . . .etc KWIM?

My hamstrings and butt were sore this morning though so I guess something is working :)

 
At 8:15 AM, Blogger Tiggs said...

Donna- perhaps you could start ut with the neighbor, do 2, then take off on your own for more. Otherwise you're gonna get bored really fast.

Those pics are soooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That makes sense Donna; I get bored reading my posts if they're strictly about running every time. I think that's why I throw in non-running stories, to entertain myself.

It's honestly not as enjoyable to run in August as it will be in late October or November so you're keeping up with what I think is the hardest month of the year.

 
At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops, I bolded the wrong word.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home