Thursday, September 21, 2006

I made it 3!

Well, yesterday my running partner surprised me and said she was ready to run 3 miles. I knew the path that would be 3 miles and knew that once we were halfway there, there was no turning back. We'd have to keep going ;) She thought it was a turnaround loop. We made it non-stop 3 miles in just over 32 minutes! I wanted to see how fast we could do the 3.1 but she needed a break, she hasn't run 3 miles, and I've never ran it the whole way.

I felt like I could keep running though, so that was refresing to know I could make it!

We walked another 0.6 mile to cool down. I have a busy day tomorrow and can't run, but maybe this weekend we'll do it again. I think our regular run will be 3 now! And I'm starting to enjoy doing it. Not addicted like some people are but still it's a feeling like I've accomplished something.

7 Comments:

At 6:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

WOW!!! That's huge Donna. WTG. You're going to be addicted real soon.

 
At 11:45 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Awesome!

 
At 7:57 AM, Blogger TX Runner Mom said...

Way to go Donna!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger equarles said...

do you still run? I mean, you say that's where you are going, but there's nothing here about it....hmmmm...are you going to the Icehouse?

 
At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Long story short of why I am messaging you and other running bloggers in and around Houston... I ran into a post today of Vic's where he had used an article I had written on my web site about advice for the USA 10 Miler back in October. I read his marathon post for Houston from Sunday, was blown away by it, then started reading links to other bloggers in our area. My web site http://www.faithfulsoles.com is dedicated to inspiring, encouraging and motivating walkers, runners and athletes of all abilities, and I am in the process of developing a running blog search engine where people can find and read blogs that most closely fit their own ability and goals. I would be grateful if you would register a link to your running blog with my web site. From the home page, under "Free Features" in the lefthand column, just click on "Link your running blog". Thanks.

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WTG! You both crossed over into a whole new world of running.

Sanyo massage chairs

 
At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great milestone in your running!! 3 miles is something to be proud of.

home health supplies

 

Post a Comment

<< Home